The WEC 2019 Organisers are pleased to advise a number of bursaries will be available to assist delegates to attend the Convention.
How to Apply
- Applicants will be required to submit an abstract and supply supporting documentation through the Abstract Submission Portal.
- Deadlines for application are aligned with the Convention key dates shown below.
- Further information on how to apply are noted below.
*For bursary submission deadlines, please refer to further information below.
Engineers Australia (EA) is pleased to offer bursaries to EA members to assist them in attending WEC 2019. Bursaries are available to undergraduates (studying an accredited or recognised Australian course in engineering) and graduates (holding an accredited Australian qualification in engineering), junior staff (within 5 years of commencing employment in this role at time of WEC 2019). Postgraduate and PhD students are eligible to apply.
Abstract submissions from Developing Countries (determined by World Bank list) will also be considered for a bursary. A list of these countries can be found here.
Applications should submitted through the Abstract Submission Portal before the abstract submission deadline, 18 January 2019, and must contain:
- A short CV (no more than one page)
- A photograph
- A covering letter signed by the applicant’s university (usually the Executive Dean of Engineering) or the supervisor for the graduate. This should provide a case for the applicant to receive a bursary.
- Submitted abstract to WEC 2019